Saturday, May 31, 2014

Getting my car ready.

Took my car in to the mechanic yesterday for a check up before I leave. If it's one major to do before any road trip, it's getting the vehicle checked over.

The last thing any road tripper wants is to break down in the middle of nowhere. Most of the time, breaking down can be avoided by getting your car checked, especially important things, like belts, hoses, fuel lines, battery, tires, fluids and suspension, BEFORE a trip, at least a week before. 

Also, it's often a good idea to bring a full gas can, just in case you run out of fuel. Some roads easily have 300 or more miles between gas stations,  and do not depend on small town gas stations, as often they are closed or run out of fuel!

Having A A A or comprehensive insurance coverage helps, but what if you can't find a working phone?  Always plan for the worst. Have an emergency auto kit in your car, at the very least!

Thankfully, the only things my car needed were a new battery and wiper blades. Toyota also offers a fairly good guarantee,  so if I do get stuck, I can call the closest dealership and they will come get me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment