Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Why I prefer a road trip over an airplane.

Many people have asked me why I don't just take an airplane to my destination. Well, to be honest, I loathe airplanes. First, they're tiny, cramped little sardine cans.

Flying is also notoriously expensive. Plus, they are flying disease farms: the seats are almost never cleaned between passengers, and the air is recycled, so if one person is sick, well, you can be sure you'll catch it.

Add in the horrible security walk through, where you pretty much have to strip down to your base layer just to pass through. Overpriced food and drink, your bags often don't make it to your destination...

Lastly, you miss all the cool stuff in between where you leave from and your destination! That's part of the road trip fun... everything you see on the way!

I think Cheryl Wheeler sums up everything I hate about airplanes in her song "on the plane."

Have a listen!

Cheryl Wheeler - On the Plane

No comments:

Post a Comment