Monday, May 26, 2014

New blog, and road tripping to the midwest!

And a new blog has begun! This blog will detail my travels from Olympia, Washington (my hometown) to various places!

I've done more in state road trips than I can count, and a few out of state road trips in my lifetime, including Washington to Southern California(twice), Washington to Idaho (three times, twice to Boise and once to Sandpoint), Washington to Montana (Plains and Missoula), and Oregon, but I don't really count that, because it's so close to Washington.

I've taken the train from Olympia, Washington to eastern North Dakota, then back from Duluth, Minnesota. I've flown to Alaska and Minnesota as a kid, and Florida as an adult before my son was born. Through my travels, I have determined airplanes are expensive and terrible, trains are time consuming, relaxing and amazing, but the most you can see and experience is by the good old American road trip!

My upcoming trip is a long, 2,102 mile road trip to the Midwest, and then the journey back home to Washington. My current route will be taking me through the northeastern corner of Oregon, the southwestern corner of Idaho, most of eastern Utah, the northern half of New Mexico, the north Texas and ending in southeastern Oklahoma.

Driving to the Midwest will be the longest road trip I have ever undertaken. Having never been to the Midwest, I'm excited about what I will see and experience from here to there, while there and back home to Washington, and this blog will be a way for me to share my experiences and sights.

So sit back, read on, posts will be starting to flow as the trip gets on it's way. Only 12 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment